I love steamed food. First of all they are healthy and the best part is that it’s so easy to prepare. I’d like to share with you one of my favourite steamed dish which is yummy and SO easy! Trust me, absolutely no cooking skills needed! You just need to cut and place the ingredients into a plate, steam it and viola something nice for your meal!
Preparation: 10 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
- 1 Silken tofu, cut into big cubes
- ¼ Vegetarian fish, sliced (optional)
- 3 slice Zha Cai (Szechuan pickled mustard plant/四川榨菜), choppd into little cubes
- 1 tomato or 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 slice ginger, julienne
- Rinse the zha cai twice or else it’ll be too salty.
- Place some water into a wok and bring to boil.
- Place the cut silken tofu into a plate.
- Layer the vegetarian fish on top of the tofu.
- Layer the cherry tomatoes and follow by the zha cai and ginger.
- Place the plate into the wok and simmer for 10-15minutes.
- Take out the plate from the wok and serve hot.