I’m a potato person, I really wouldn’t mind if you ask me to eat potato for straight 10 days. Haha. This is the first time I’m trying this new way of cooking potato. I don’t have an oven at home so I’ll try roasting it in my skillet instead. If you could get your hands on fresh herbs that’ll be really good but in Singapore you can only get fresh herbs in specialty supermarkets and it can be quite pricey, so I’m using cheaper alternatives – dried herbs in a bottle.
Preparation: 10 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- 6-7 small potatoes, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- pepper (white or black)
- Put the potatoes into a small pot, add water until it cover all the potatoes.
- Bring the water to boil and simmer until the potatoes are soft. (You can use to a fork to poke at one of the wedges, if it can go through easy, it’s ready.)
- Drain the water off
- Combine potatoes, butter, oil, dried herbs, salt and pepper in a large food storage bag.
- Mix in the bag until potato wedges are thoroughly coated.
- Take a skillet (flat cooking pan) and heat up with small fire.
- Arrange potatoes in the skillet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle more salt or pepper if you think it’s insufficient.
- Cover the lid and let it roast for about 10-15 minutes.
- Be sure to keep the fire low and flip the potatoes once they are browned on one side.
- When both sides of the wedges are browned, place them into a plate or bowl and serve hot.